Saturday, June 28, 2008

Gorgeous smile

Let me introduce the lovely C - I was so lucky to get to take her picture earlier this week for the Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange (MARE)'s Annual Heart Gallery. I've donated a session to the Heart Gallery every year since its inception in 2005, and I've met some amazing kids.

The Heart Gallery is an exhibit of portraits of children in the state’s foster care system in need of adoption. Since 2005, 75 percent of the children who've been featured are now with safe, permanent, adoptive families.


2815, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.


C is twelve, and told me she's really excited for dance camp this summer.


2871, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.


I'm supposed to submit my favorite five shots to the Heart Gallery for them to choose the one that'll be in the exhibit... but I'm having such a tough time!


2789, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.


The problem is that C's smile is too pretty, and I just love so many of the pictures it's hard to choose only five.


2906, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.


Can you see why I'm having a tough time?


2831, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.


OK, last one. I loved meeting you this week, C - hope you like the pictures... wonder which one will be chosen for the Gallery?


2905, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.


Since I wasn't blogging back then - here's a shot from my 2006 Heart Gallery session - I loved how sweet they were together!


657, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.


And my first Heart Gallery session ever, back in late 2004 for the 2005 gallery... I loved these guys so much. I came home and talked to my husband about the idea of adopting them, really. It didn't make sense for us at the time, but whoever did adopt them is really lucky. It's true of all these kids - they're all just so amazing, I've been so happy to get to meet them all over the years.


2146, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.

No comments: