Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Colorful 1st Birthday

If you've visited the blog before, or if you know my style of photography, you might be wondering why the photos on this post are color. As you might have guessed, I'm a huge black and white fan... it's kind of my thing. But when people hire me to come to their events - baptisms, birthday parties, etc., I like to show them the photos in color, too. Color is just such a big part of these kind of celebrations, and it's fun to think about photos in a different way when I shoot color.

So, as you might be able to guess, I spent Sunday morning at a fantastic 1st birthday party - everyone had tons of fun. I've been taking pictures of this family for years now, and I was honored to have been asked to join them at this rockin' celebration.




0721, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.



The birthday girl enjoying the fantastic eats:


0516, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.


Birthday girl's big brother - 2 1/2 and loving the party:


0548, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.


Birthday girl's big sister - who also just celebrated a birthday:


0461, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.


The birthday girl enjoyed Jeannie Mack's fantastic tunes (and crawled around to the beat a bit):


0302, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.


And a magic show by Bonaparte - really incredible:


0670, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.


The kids got a kick out of all the entertainment... not to mention the blocks table, the playdoh table, the candy necklace table... I tell you, it was really fun!


0683, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.


And everywhere you turned, there were fun people ready to play:


0149, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.


Not to mention the cute kidlets:


0538, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.


Every table I visited had someone having a great time:


0504, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.


And the food was enjoyed by all:


0566, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.


And last but not least, the whole crew blowing out the candle.

There are tons of photos I still need to go through from the party, so it'll be late next week before I finish them all up for you, but I'll let you know as soon as they're ready.

Thanks so much for including me, I loved being part of your celebration, and can't wait to show you all the pictures!


0779, originally uploaded by Boston Baby Photos.

No comments: