Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Season of giving

You know what's funny? Location shooting with two kids in tow when it's 30 degrees out and you're losing the light. Well, actually, I don't know if funny is the right word. ;)

Normally I'd never bring my own kids on a photoshoot (actually, I've never brought either of them before - not likely to be repeated), but this one was a quickie, for my friend Amy at Chubbybum Cards. She had this cool idea of getting photos of her kids putting money into a Salvation Army bucket, so that she could make a card for herself with a giving theme. But I had visions of the yucky Stop & Shop parking lot, without any light... crowded with people... so I tried to dissuade her. But then the other day I was walking out of Macy's at the South Shore Plaza and I looked across the parking lot at the setting sun and called her. "Amy! I found the perfect bucket with the light I want! Meet me here at 3:30pm tomorrow and we can get photos for your card!" (I may have said it with not quite so many exclamation marks in my voice.) So I zipped over to the Plaza after preschool pickup today and met Amy and her two gorgeous kiddos. You'd never know I had a 4 yr old wrapped around my leg and a wailing six month old in her stroller behind me as we shot this, right?

Luckily it doesn't even matter - this shot makes me smile so much - the two guys walking into the frame in the back cracking up are the best part.


Can't wait to see what she comes up with for her card :)

No comments: