Friday, December 11, 2009

A one year old book loving monkey

As I was looking back through this photoshoot from Tuesday, trying to pick my favorite shots for the blog, two themes emerged with this big one year old girl. Before I get into themes and all that "I'm working on my homework for junior high" stuff, I have to show you my favorite shot from the session, which happened mere moments after I walked in the door.

As she peeks over at me, doing her crinkle-nose smile:


Where was I? Oh yes, themes. So the first theme that emerges was definitely this sweet girl's love of her monkey stuffed animal. Here she is, excited to see him as she crawls across the bed:


And this is my 2nd favorite shot from the day - as her dad and she enjoy a hug with monkey:


For her birthday party, she donned this fantastic monkey hat (found by her cool mom on etsy.com... what a fun site!):


And the other theme that emerged, by far, was the extraordinary love of books and reading for this little one. Here she is, piled in amongst her Sandra Boynton (and other) books.


Had to get a knuckle picture - the dimples kill me:


Bright-eyed after her morning nap :)


Reaching... reaching...


The Curious George balloon was no match for herself in the mirror:


Reading another book with mama - loving those toes:


It was wonderful spending some time with you guys, and fun to meet another Milton family!

Share this on Facebook.

15 comments:

auntie diane said...

absolutely gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

she so cute!

Amy said...

Beautiful photos! Beautiful girl! Beautiful family!

Michelle S. said...

What a gorgeous baby!!!!! Precious!

Cassie said...

Super cute. She sems a very happy baby.

Meena said...

Great job, nice pics!

uncle Mike said...

Awe, ain't she cute!

Justine said...

Wow, these photos are amazing! What a beautiful family.

ToriSkiGirl said...

Love ALL of the images of the "bean". And you guys aren't bad either! Great shots!

Nana of the South said...

You have captured our little Doll's personality so well! I love the one with the monkey on the bed and the other after her nap. She is our little ray of sunshine! Nana of the South

Kristin M. Willer said...

Love the pictures of your family Rob! Happy B-Day to your beautiful baby girl! I hope you win!

ellen said...

adorable...she's a natural with the camera!

Colleen said...

Awwww..So cute!! Love them!

kdp said...

i love all of them! sooo cute!!!

Unknown said...

so adorable!!