Saturday, August 22, 2009

Seven years later

"No fair!" you cry. "You're blogging this family's photos mere hours after you shot them?" I know, I know. No fair. But see, the beauty behind the first (cool, right?) photo you see here (we'll call her Ms. M, for the purposes of the blog) was one of the first few babies I ever took pictures of. She, and her friend Ms. E (not pictured) were my first muses... the reason I started photographing children. It was seven years ago, I was fresh out of an MBA program, holding my degree in my hot little hand, knowing I wanted to find some way to start my own business, but not sure what to do. I was dating a great guy, and his friends were starting their families... and the little books of black and white photos of their children that I'd been making had been something of a hit. So I went for it. Business plan, and... go! Boston Baby Photos was born. Now it's seven years later, I'm married to that great guy, we have two gorgeous girls of our own, and this business manages to make me smile every day.

So when you've got that kind of history with me, you get to jump the line a bit and get (at least your blog post) done right away. (The rest of the pictures will be done in a couple of weeks, guys, sorry - trying to still be a bit fair to everybody else.)

But for now, I had to at least show you these.
How cool is this? Ms. M is a lovely lady of seven and a half (nearly eight) now, and she obligingly made this photo with me. I'm digging it.
5226 by you.

A little history? I've stopped doing these "see what they looked like when they were tiny" examples in the blog, because digging out the old photos was taking me too much time... but I thought Ms. M deserved it. Look at those knuckles!
5198 by you.

And now she has two beautiful sisters... they had a blast playing in the water today.
5252 by you.

And their parents were troopers when I suggested they sit their wet little butts down in laps. But it worked! :)
5290 by you.

The little ones get their big sister:
5264 by you.

The divine Ms. C - now five years old!
5144 by you.

And what happens when you ask the three year old to fill up the pool? Maybe some of the water actually makes it there....
5236 by you.

And here she is, the lovely Ms. S - the best expression!
5111 by you.

OK, sorry to tease all these and then make you wait weeks for the rest, but I was excited to peek through them and I had to honor my little muse. Thanks again for having me back. See you guys soon!

Share this on Facebook.

No comments: